Deluxe FSC Dry Body Brush
or make 4 interest-free payments of $10.75 AUD fortnightly with More info
Best dry brush on the market, endorsed by Miranda Kerr.
Non-Toxic Dry Body Brush, has not been sprayed with chemicals. This hand held dry body brush with canvas hand strap is traditionally crafted in Europe and made of the finest Tampico plant bristles.
Tampico bristles are a fine plant bristle that won't scratch the skin, it is cut on a smooth convex so it hugs the body while dry brushing and has no sharp edges.
The timber is FSC certified. FSC is an independent, non-governmental, not-for-profit organisation established to promote the responsible management of the world’s forests.
No animal products have been used to make this brush, it is Vegan Friendly.
How to use
Brushing with dry plant bristles on dry skin gives optimum results in exfoliation of skin and stimulating the circulation and lymphatic system. If the bristles are wet, they will be too soft and scratchy and will not exfoliate or stimulate the skin in the same way.
Brush once a day, just before a shower or bath. Morning, noon or night it doesn’t matter, just when it fits in with your schedule. The ultimate is body brushing in an open space with fresh air, combined with deep breathing.
It's best not to dry brush on freshly shaved or waxed skin as this may be too irritating. Wait for a day or two to start dry brushing again, especially if you have a firm dry body brush.
Handle: FSC Beechwood, Heat treated (not fumigated with chemicals) oiled timber
Strap: Canvas hand strap on brush head and ribbon through handle
Bristle: Tampico Plant Bristle
Bristle Category: Firm
As the timber in the new brushes are in their natural state is it important to note that special care is needed to maintain the brush.
- When washing the brush with a tea tree soap, try to keep the water on just the bristles and then pad the bristles into a towel to remove as much excess water as possible. This will speed up drying time and reduce any chance of the brush developing mildew.
- Once you have padded the bristles with a towel, leave to hang in a well ventilated area or lay with bristles facing down so it can dry naturally and the water can run away from the brush head.
- It is recommended to spray the brush with a Tea Tree spray after each body brush to kill any bacteria which will prolong the life of the brush.
- Ensure the entire brush head is dry before using again, any water residue left in the brush will cause mildew.
- Because the timber is natural and has not been treated with chemicals, plastics or lacquer the timber may crack if it gets really wet, which is why we suggest to wash just the bristles. If any cracks occur this will not affect the quality of the brush.