Detox FSC Dry Body Brush
or make 4 interest-free payments of $10.75 AUD fortnightly with More info
This premium non-toxic Dry Body Brush, has not been sprayed with chemicals. This hand held dry body brush with short handle is traditionally crafted in Europe and made of the finest Tampico plant bristles.
Tampico bristles are a fine plant bristle that won't scratch the skin, the bristles have been cut at a 4.5cm length which is suitable as a medium strength brush for slightly more sensitive touch.
The timber is FSC certified. FSC is an independent, non-governmental, not-for-profit organisation established to promote the responsible management of the world’s forests.
No animal products have been used to make this brush, it is Vegan Friendly.
Brushing with dry plant bristles on dry skin gives optimum results in exfoliation of skin and stimulating the circulation and lymphatic system. If the bristles are wet, they will be too soft and scratchy and will not exfoliate or stimulate the skin in the same way.
Handle: FSC Beechwood, Heat treated (not fumigated with chemicals) oiled timber
Strap: Canvas hand strap on brush head and ribbon through handle
Bristle: Tampico Plant Bristle
Bristle Category: Medium
As the timber in the new brushes are in their natural state is it important to note that special care is needed to maintain the brush.
- When washing the brush with a tea tree soap, try to keep the water on just the bristles and then pad the bristles into a towel to remove as much excess water as possible. This will speed up drying time and reduce any chance of the brush developing mildew.
- Once you have padded the bristles with a towel, leave to hang in a well ventilated area or lay with bristles facing down so it can dry naturally and the water can run away from the brush head.
- It is recommended to spray the brush with a Tea Tree spray after each body brush to kill any bacteria which will prolong the life of the brush.
- Ensure the entire brush head is dry before using again, any water residue left in the brush will cause mildew.
- Because the timber is natural and has not been treated with chemicals, plastics or lacquer the timber may crack if it gets really wet, which is why we suggest to wash just the bristles. If any cracks occur this will not affect the quality of the brush.
Before Dry Body Brushing please take note of the following precautions:
- Never Skin Brush over active inflammation e.g. open wounds, inflamed sores, varicose veins, sunburnt skin.
- Never skin brush during an active cancer state or enlarged lymph nodes.
- Avoid breasts & genitalia area.
- If pregnant seek doctors advice first before skin brushing.
- If an allergic reaction appears stop brushing. Tell your naturopath what happened after you body brushed, it could be your body detoxing, but it is best to ask a naturopathic professional.
- Dry brushing does exfoliate skin, therefore regular washing of brush is essential to remove dead skin from the bristles.
- A slight reddening of the skin (erythema) is normal, it is the blood circulation responding to the skin brushing.